Several Filipino American organizations in Oregon and Southwest Washington are helping communities impacted by the Mt. Taal Volcano Eruption which occurred on January 12, 2020. If you would like to help and/or for more information, please reach out to the individual organizations via their website or Facebook site.
- Anakbayan Portland
- Co-hosting with Marrow PDX on March 14, 2020 to hold a “Taste for Taal! Eat for a Cause!” Food Tasting Fundraiser. 100% of proceeds will go to relief of Filipino communities affected by the Mt. Taal eruption through the Kapit Bisig Relief Program.
- Filipino-American Assocation of Vancouver, Washington (FAAV) – Taal Volcano Relief Efforts
- FAAV helped families in evacuation centers in 2 Batangas towns of Rosario, Ibaan, and Padre Garcia.
- Foundation for Philippine Progress, Inc. (FPP) – Mt. Taal Volcanic Eruption
- FPP is partnering with Southern Tagalog Serve the People Corps, a trusted organization on the ground with direct links to distributing the donations to the following people/places who are on the ground helping out: UPLB USC Office, UPLB AUPAEU at UPLB SU Canteen, Steward, Inc. Cabuyao Laguna, CVSU (Cavite Campuses), Aloysius Baez Educational Center, Union of Theological Seminary in Dasmariñas Cavite, KLARA Cooperative Hall in Batangas Pier, and many more.
- On March 4, 2020, FPP is hosting a Dinner Fundraiser for Mt. Taal Featuring Chef Charleen.
- The Philippine American Association of Portland and Vicinity, Inc. (FAAPV) – Taal Volcano Relief Fundraising